It depends on the country that you compare with Germany. For me, studying in Germany is far better than studying in Turkey. The most important thing is the educational system which is totally different than in my country. Here are some points that makes me feel lucky to study in Germany.
1. You do not 'memorize' but you 'learn'.
2. The 'practice' is as significant as the 'theory'.
3. 'Discussing' and 'questioning' are two major components of the lectures - no place for taboos!
4. The opinion of the student is valued.
5. The inducement to learn more - which is carried out by providing students the freedom of choosing distant departments to study at the same time.